Entry Deadline: February 28, 2018
"Outer Limits-A Celestial Inspiration"
Interpretation of the theme is up to you – use your imagination!
Quilts must have been made within the past year. Quilts must be available for display from April 15, 2018 through April 1, 2019. By entering the quilt the exhibitor agrees to allow the quilt to be displayed for educational and promotional purposes. Quilts must fit within the size requirements of not more than 30 x 48 inches and have a 4-inch hanging sleeve attached. All identifying labels will be covered prior to judging. Written judging evaluations are NOT provided for this contest.
- Limit of one entry per individual. Quilts must be no larger than 30 x 48 inches and include an attached 4-inch hanging sleeve. Quilts must be in excellent condition. Incomplete, torn, or soiled quilts do not qualify for entry or display.
- Entered quilts will be an original design and not a copy of previous work or a design by someone else without the express permission of the original designer.
- Quilts must have been made within the last year and completed by December 31, 2017. Any labels will be covered prior to judging.
- All decisions of the judges are final. Selection of the quilts will be based on piecing and quilting technique and theme interpretation. Awards will be announced during the 2018 Southern New Mexico Festival of Quilts.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entry form can be found below.
- Quilts will be mailed with a nonrefundable fee of $20.00 to cover postage and handling.
- Quilts must be received no later than February 28, 2018. Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant.
- When entering a quilt in this challenge the quilter agrees for the quilt to be displayed for up to one year. All quilts will be returned by April 15, 2019.
Prizes: Ribbons are awarded to the top three quilts and Honorable Mention.