Entry Deadline: May 1, 2019
"Paint Chip Challenge"
Interpretation or theme is up to you – use your imagination!
The paint chips will be issued by SNMFQ upon receipt of the application. Quilts must have been made within the past year. Quilts must be available for display from June 20,2019 through June 22, 2019. By entering the quilt the exhibitor agrees to allow the quilt to be displayed for educational and promotional purposes. Quilts must fit within the size requirements of not more than 24 x 30 inches and have a 4-inch hanging sleeve attached. All identifying labels will be covered prior to judging. Written judging evaluations are NOT provided for this contest.
- Entry form and fee must be received by May 1, 2019.
- Entry fee is $10.00 per quilt, non refundable, to cover postage and handling– Checks made payable to SNMFQ
- Entry form must be completed for each entry
- Quilt is accepted unless you are notified otherwise
- Each quilt must have a color photo with it
- Each entry must be quilted and clean
- Quilts must have been made within the last year
- Each entry will be given 2 paint chips in an envelope
- Quilts must be made using colors of the paint chips with one additional fabric for continuity.
- Paint chips must be returned with the quilt entry
- Quilts must be available for display
- Quilts must be an original design and not a copy of previous work or a design by someone else without the express permission of the original designer
- Quilts must be no larger than 24x30 inches
- Each quilt must have a 4” hanging sleeve
- All decisions of the judges are final. Selection of the quilts will be based on piecing and quilting technique and theme interpretation. Awards will be announced during the 2019 Southern New Mexico Festival of Quilts
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entry form can be found at www.snmfq.com
- Quilts can be mailed with a non refundable fee of $10.00 to cover postage and handling
- Quilts must be received no later than May 1, 2019.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the entrant
- When entering a quilt in this challenge the quilter agrees for the quilt to be displayed for up to one year. All quilts will be returned by mail.
Prizes: Ribbons will be awarded to the top three quilts and honorable mention.
Written judging evaluations are NOT provided for this contest.