Instructor: Pam Holland
Friday, June 22, 2018 | Time 9:00 am - 4:00 pm • All levels
Create small textile art brooches, using art, and found fabric. I used old collars from men's shirts and also old Quilts. You will receive the pattern for several different designs and a practice piece of art.
Location: Otero County Fairgrounds, 401 Fairgrounds Rd, Alamogordo, NM
• 3 or 4 safety pins or a kilt pins to set you brooches on. I imagine you could buy them at Michael's.
• I use some old antique quilt pieces sometimes, or I cut up an old Kantha quilt. I will bring some of it for you to use.
• But be inventive anything interesting will do.
• A 10” X 8” piece of old linen or cotton.
• Batting and backing the same size.
• 1 reel black Auriﬁl 50 weight thread.
• .5 black pigment ink pen.
• A reel of pearl cotton or embroidery ﬂoss to match your fabric.
• Some old buttons.
• Old fabric for the contrast. I used kimono fabric.
• Tsukineko Pens and inks or colored pencils.
• Sewing machine with an embroidery foot.