Instructor: Pam Holland
Thursday, June 22, 2017 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm • All levels
Learn how to enhance your appliqué with a little help from the pen. In fact you will trace and color part of the pattern. It looks difficult but Pam will teach you how to achieve amazing effects, it’s just like coloring in kindergarten. You will learn to create your own fabric as an appliqué using pigment ink. Then how to free motion appliqué.
Location: Otero County Fairgrounds, 401 Fairgrounds Rd, Alamogordo, N.M.
• An open toe embroidery foot for your machine.
• A teflon appliqué sheet. 1 Pkt of 70/10 microtex sharp needles and an open toed free
motion foot for your machine.
• A portable light box if possible.
• 1 reel black Aurifil thread.
• 1/4 yard of good quality white fabric. Please do not wash. This needs to be a tight weave
to draw on.
• 1/4 yard of black cotton.
• 1/4 yard of turquoise, red, green and orange cotton.
• 1 fat quarter of thin cotton batting,
• 1 fat quarter of turquoise or orange fabric for the back ground of the quilt, no print.
• 1 fat quarter of fabric for the back of the quilt, it can be the same as the front
• 1 green, red, black, turquoise, orange, yellow and purple pen.
• 1 X .5 black pigment ink pen.
• 1 lead pencil.